Thursday, August 16, 2012

the berries and my brother's voice

guest appearance
from a
concentration camp survivor
the holocaust
enthralled
by his story
i bought the book
truly a heartbreaking story
yet, he has found hope
and joy in living
a painful past
that humbles me 
in my difficult situation
stephen refers
to marching distances in the fields
there happens to be
 a berry bush
as the people pass
a handful of berries
to feed their starving stomachs
by the time stephen reaches the bush
the berries are gone
bitter and angry at god
couldn't he even just let us have a few
berries for the injustice and
mistreatment they have experienced
later on,
those having the berries
died off one my one
the berries were poison
their lives had been preserved
from the empty berry bush
stephen falls to his knees
and makes a promise
in which he is keeping today
as i think about this story
i wonder
are my needs not met my way
because, like the berries
would prove destruction
i fall to my knees
i thank god for my life
i thank him for my trials
i thank him for an empty bush
because it is beyond
my understanding
oh be
 *willing to endure, to serve, to submit
knowing that god has a plan for me
*SERVILITY

No comments:

Post a Comment